- We may collect the following types of data from you:
- Email address
- Telephone Number
- Your order history
- Your payment details are not stored by us and are submitted directly to our third-party payment providers via a 128-bit encrypted connection.
- You agree to provide Personal Data which is in all respects true, accurate and up to date and is not, in any respect, misleading, deceptive or inaccurate or likely to mislead or deceive.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collect information about how our customers use this site. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
OUR USE OF YOUR DATA
- TheGreatBritishShop.ca is committed to integrity and professionalism in all areas of its services and therefore we take our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") very seriously. We will use reasonable endeavours to protect your privacy and ensure that Personal Data (as defined in the Act) is used only for the purposes below.
- In the unlikely event that a liquidator, administrator or receiver is appointed over us or all or any part of our assets, that insolvency practitioner may transfer your information to a third party purchaser of the business provided that purchaser undertakes to use your information for the same purposes as set out in this policy.
- We undertake not to provide your Personal Data to third parties save in accordance with this policy.
- We undertake to take reasonable steps, including the implementation of security policies, rules and technical measures, necessary to protect the Personal Data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised destruction or accidental loss.
- Although we will do our best to protect your data, transmission of data over the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
- You may ask us whether we are storing personal information about you by emailing us at hello@TheGreatBritishShop.ca and if you wish we will provide you with a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you by email. For your protection we may ask for proof of your identity before providing any information and reserve the right to refuse to provide information requested if your identity is not established to our satisfaction.
- While we hold your Personal Data, we may contact you for the purposes of ensuring your Personal Data is up to date. We encourage you to provide full Personal Data and you may at any time inform us of any incorrect or out of date details so that we can provide the best possible service.
We want to make your shopping experience with us as seamless and relevant as possible. To do this, we use various pieces of data to personalise our service and messaging to you. Below we will outline:
- a) The different ways we collect your data
- b) What we do with the information we collect
- c) The choices you have about your data
- d) How and when we share your information
- e) How long we store your information
- f) Our policy on children’s information
- g) Your options
THE DIFFERENT WAYS WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
In a nutshell: We collect 2 types of data from you. Personal data like delivery address to enable us to fulfil our service. Behavioural data to better improve our service to you, which we will only collect if you Opt In.
When you register with The Great British Shop, you give us details such as your name and delivery information. This is to make your shopping experience quicker and easier when it comes to checking out.
We ask for your contact details to alert you via email for the following actions
- Order Confirmation
- Order dispatch
- Order tracking (where applicable)
- TrustPilot – a few days after ordering we will follow up via an automated process. This is an aftercare service.
- Should you choose to register, we will ask you to confirm your email address via email
- Login reminders (should you request this)
Whenever you use a website, app or any other service online, certain information gets logged automatically. This data is useful in optimising your experience. We collect
- Web logs – this is used for server administration.
We work with a segmentation company called Seg. They assist us in collecting browsing information, so we can identify the areas which you may have shown interest in i.e if you browse the home baking section of the website frequently, we may therefore identify you as someone who is interested in home baking.
Transaction processing requires us to capture billing and delivery information for us to carry out our service.
- Invoice information stored for accounting purposes
- Delivery information stored for delivery
- Where applicable, an order tracking number will be generated in conjunction with third-party carriers to fulfil the service.
- Payment information such as credit/debit card is captured by the payment provider. We never hold your payment details.
Information you choose to give us
Should you opt in, we collect your email address for email marketing. There are sometimes additional bits of personal information (such as the number of people in the household) that we ask for which is optional.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In a nutshell: We use your data to better improve the service for the user
The information we collect from you is used to improve the service and your experience with us. We have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways as they improve the service for the end user. Below are the ways we use your information.
- Identify the country that you are in, so we can show you product which are available to you, and not show you products which are unavailable to be sent to your country.
- We also track your currency preference for the same reason.
- Provide customer service
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts and account notifications
- Collect browsing information so we can tailor our communication to you, should you be opted into our email marketing.
- Use browsing data to better target our advertising across Google and Facebook
CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT YOUR DATA
In a nutshell: We allow full control over how your data is used. We provide the tools to restrict how much of your data we process or if you want it deleted all together.
We will only use our behavioural tracking tools, if you have opted in to the GDPR prompt at the top of the website.
Right to be forgotten
If you no longer want your information to be held by The Great British Shop, you can request that we erase your information and close your account. Please note that if you choose to do so:
- We may retain some information for legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection.
- We may retain some payment information for legal obligations, such as tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
Please email email@example.com to begin the process of erasing your data.
How and when we share information
It is necessary to share and transfer data, both internally and externally. Below are the ways in which we do this:
We have legitimate interest in analysing our websites performance (such as number of visitors and transactions within a given day) to improve our service.
For The Great British Shop to function as a service, information needs to be transferred internally. For example, if Greg Paul makes a purchase on our website, the details of the purchase are sent to our warehouse, so the order can be completed.
We may use some of your information to create lookalike audiences on Facebook, to prospect for more customers who might like The Great British Shop's service.
Law Enforcement or Government Agencies
We only share information if we believe the disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request.
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
We hold your information only so long as we need it to provide our service to you. We will hold your transactional information for up to 5 years for tax/auditing.
Our policy on children's information
You need to be over 18 to use this service.